View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #25
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Ah thanks mate. I think the "correct" solution here is use the right version.

And never let it be said that I do the easy option. If I am honest my interest is in dragging some of the more 'interactive' features of these older kindles into the 21'st century. I WAS hoping for a QT5 build out of BR (and had managed this with the 2012 TC) so let's see what the new build brings.

It will be fun seeing if the new c version brings something to party. To be absolutely clear are there any specific GOTCHAS for having multiple installs of glibc on a system. Dont worry - Ill google it but you know if their is like a DUMBWITS GUIDE I'm all eyeballs.

I'm reading the FAQ's perhaps it is covered there.

Thanks you folks.

Configuring and compiling GNU Libc
==================================

GNU libc cannot be compiled in the source directory. You must build it
in a separate build directory. For example, if you have unpacked the
glibc sources in `/src/gnu/glibc-2.4', create a directory
`/src/gnu/glibc-build' to put the object files in. This allows

Just to prove I do actually read the README's. In case you were wondering...

Quote:
Finally, configure glibc with the option
`--with-headers=/usr/src/linux-2.2.1/include'. Use the most recent
kernel you can get your hands on.
And that would be the amazon headers right? the i386 versions or?

Last edited by twobob; 08-20-2012 at 08:22 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote