View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #17
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I recall being told that size is rounded off. If true, they may still have a small book.
They literally have no file size. Not a zero but a blank entry.

Quote:
Do you know how this happened? Regardless, you can move your library with the library function in 0.7.10, and it will separate your wonky folders that Calibre doesn't know about from those it does know about.
Calibre doesn't know about any of the books. It initially knew about some but my efforts to remedy the situation resulted in it knowing none. I'm not really sure what happened, except that it sucks. I will be backing up in like 5 places after this. I have all the books backed up, but not having the metadata.db file correct is a killer.

Quote:
If all the leftovers have books in them, you could just auto-add them and the automatic merge would put them with the matching entries that have correct dates and other metadata.

The automatic merge would avoid this problem.

And this problem.

New files always add with the current date. A slight problem when I wrote the merge function is that all records always have a date. There's no way to tell which is the "better" one, so it's always set to the first selected record in a manual merge. In an automatic add/merge the existing record is never touched, so its date is always the final one.
I don't understand. I want the date to always be the earlier date. How do I ensure this?

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote