View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #707
mkstewartesq
mkstewartesq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hi - first time poster, longtime lurker. I've had a Kindle since 2008- first the 2nd gen, then the Kindle Keyboard, then a 1st Gen Paperwhite, After 5 years with that, I decided to jump to the Oasis 2.

I have to say that, while the screen is miles better than my Paperwhite, I am disappointed in the quality control and variances in stock. I received my Oasis 2 a few days ago, and noted that the screen was a bit uneven; further, the aluminum case was very slightly bent, which I assume contributed to the screen lighting being a bit uneven. Amazon shipped me a replacement but, when comparing the two, the new screen is actually worse - more washed out, with a different color temperature and slightly more dim. So i'm definitely going to return the second- and, though I hate to be stuck with the first with its defects for the money paid, I'm not sure there's much to be gained by trying a third time.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Mike

Edited to add - tried to upload pic, but don't see an option to upload a local file (I'm a newbie - I'll look). But, just to be clear, when comparing the screens, I set the exact same brightness,same book page, same font and spacing to keep the comparison completely apples-to-apples. Which is why I was surprised at the difference.

Last edited by mkstewartesq; 01-19-2018 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Additions
mkstewartesq is offline   Reply With Quote