View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
A poorly written article, generally. I think the 691 number refers specifically to their college bookstores. Their regular stores total something like 700. Having been to both, I can't really tell the difference
Is 700 so very different from 691? According to Wikipedia, BN had 723 stores in operation as of August, 2011. They've since closed many stores, so the 691 sounds about right. Also, according to Wiki, they had 639 College stores. I doubt they've opened another 52 College stores in the past year, while closing retail stores. I was just always under the impression that BN was a much larger behemoth than this, particularly for all the whining the Indies gave just a decade ago. For instance, worldwide, Walmart operates 8,970 stores.

Oh, and by the way, the poorly written article was sourced from the Associated Press, if you had bothered to read the very first line
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote