View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 02:42 AM   #15
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Just my 2 cents. All of the mapping have been good but Historical Fiction is a genre all its own and rarely should be lumped in with History.
Fair point. In my own library I use a tag called "Historical", so I'll change the mapping to that in the next release.
Quote:
Of course this will all be mute if you are kind enough to make this a customizable section.
Haha, too true. I knew providing default mappings would potentially be contentious but everyone has played nicely in the sandpit so far which is great. I think some Calibre users are so used to overwriting tags to get exactly how they want that a few "dud" mappings now and then out of the list is worth the majority being close enough.

Once Kovid tells me his new API is completely nailed down I'll look to do the major changes to it including customisable shelf/tag mappings. I saw a comment from a feature ticket today that mentions a new identifiers table so will push a new version out once that is released making use of that. It will allow a closer integration between this plugin and my "Goodreads Sync" one - as by using Ctrl+D to get metadata I will be able to store the Goodreads ID from this plugin, so your book will automatically be "linked" for use by the Sync plugin. It would also make sense that if you link a book first using Sync and then do Ctrl+D, that I download metadata for that specific Goodreads book which will greatly increase the chances of a match. I can also scrape other id's that Goodreads has like ASIN and store those too.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote