View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 01:24 PM   #68
plus
plus began at the beginning.

Device: k4nt, T63HD-JD
Quote:
Originally Posted by qariwa55 View Post
Well, I made the mistake of buying a JRead (Boyue) T63. I see that you were able to customize it for "Westerners", but I cannot figure out how. Where do I even get the right RKAndroidTool?
Hi qariwa!

this thread is where I got the tools from. I followed method 2B in a virtual machine and mounted the ext4 image on linux for some steps.

I wonder if a system backup of my T63 could be restored on your device. It is internationalized. ADB is enabled, SuperSU and F-Droid market are installed. Boyue's Launcher2 was pretty unstable and replaced by ADW.

How to install my T63HD-JD backup:
Quote:
1. PC: Prepare system: Windows drivers and tools
2. PC: Create a full T63 backup (like here)
3. PC: Download and install TWRP Recovery for Boyue T63
Spoiler:
You'll need to reboot your device into bootloader mode. Press and hold all hardware buttons for 7+3 seconds.

Similar screenshot:

(from here), except that the recovery checkbox is checked and the path points to your downloaded T63 TWRP recovery image. Address should be 0x00010000.

4. PC: Download my T63HD-JD system (mirror) and extract the archive to your SD card
5. T63: Reboot to TWRP recovery: press and hold power+next for 7+3 seconds
6. TWRP: Backup all partitions to external SD
7. TWRP: Wipe/Factory Reset
8. TWRP: Restore from external SD, select the downloaded system
9. T63: Reboot
First recommended steps are timezone (UTC+2), language (en-us), wifi and wallpaper settings. ADW's animations can be turned off. Coolreader is on F-Droid market, sideloading and adb are enabled, Google Playstore can be found here.

Please let me know if it works

Last edited by plus; 10-14-2016 at 03:33 PM.
plus is offline   Reply With Quote