Thread: Literary I, Claudius by Robert Graves
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #13
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
After a little searching, I found this article in The Guardian that might be informative. I only read a few paragraphs that explain Graves's choice of Claudius as the narrator, and I'm going to save the rest for reflection after I finish the book.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...26#maincontent
Quote:
Unreliable witness: The decadent and brutal Rome that Robert Graves portrays in his books on the Emperor Claudius owes less to what we know of history than the author's talent for fictional recreation
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote