Thread: Literary I, Claudius by Robert Graves
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 05:10 PM   #10
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
The family tree with the marriages/divorces and adoptions is super complex! No wonder Claudius makes a joking statement about that in the book.

I am wondering how much is based on factual history versus anecdotal or made up as well.
I've heard it was accurate as far as people and dates and events. Some of the motivations and secret acts are less certain though there are ancient sources (or rumors) for those too.

EDIT: https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23455774

Last edited by BenG; 04-11-2020 at 05:19 PM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote