View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 12:04 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
When the newer Sony model (the DPT-RP1) was released which everyone said was so much faster, I looked at it from the perspective of using it as a PDF reader, but the videos I found of it still showed 2-3s page turns, which I couldn't live with. I'd suggest that the OP finds videos of the devices you mention and sees for himself what the performance is like. We all have different tolerances when it comes to these things!
The A2 mode is a significant change for E Ink devices. They have always spec'd a pure black and white mode with greater performance potential than gray scale but only recently has anyone tried to take advantage of this mode. Black and white is single bit, no aliasing, but can produce a screen in 120 msec vs 450 in gray scale Carta and 600 msec in Pearl. It is also less prone to need a refresh. I do not believe Sony supports an A2 mode. By the way, A2 mode is horrible for pictures.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote