View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 09:58 AM   #38
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
"Sometimes": seems like a coin flip to me. Maybe the beneficiaries would want the works destroyed.
Maybe. But then everything is a coin flip, isn't it? In the case under discussion, the estate pushed to have Go Set A Watchman published and they are being flambed for it. I honestly don't have any strong antipathy to Harper Lee's estate for publishing the additional novel or granting a graphic novel adaptation. I'm glad that like Kafka's executor they ignored the author's wishes and released the book.

These 'new' works have the chance of being fantastic and a benefit to us all. And if not, they will subside over time.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 06-09-2017 at 10:01 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote