View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 06:17 PM   #590
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by redorav View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if this plugin has the ability to generate covers from powerpoint files?

I'm building a library of technical presentations and many of them are in ppt or pptx.

What I do currently is convert to pdf and extract from there but it is quite cumbersome.

I'd like to automatically generate it from the calibre dropdown.

Thanks!
The short answer is no - i.e. the plugin can't generate covers from a Powerpoint file, in fact the plugin can't generate covers from anything. 'Generate Covers' is a bit of a misnomer - its more like a 'Cover Creator'.

This may be easier than creating a PDF ==>> [PDF] Export PowerPoint slides as JPEG - Clark University

Just drop the resultant JPG into the Book Details (right) sidebar.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote