View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Brian, if that were the case, wouldn't Sony have all the same ebooks for sale that Amazon does? If an author and publisher made the decision to sell the book in ebook format at Amazon, wouldn't it make sense to sell it at Sony? I'm just trying to understand why there is such a large difference between these two vendors.
I think it's all in who's the distributor. Amazon has Mobipocket & it's distro setup to draw on. Many vendors use someplace like LightningSource to get their ebooks from & it appears that they don't have the catalog that Mobi does. Where the breakdown is I'm not sure. I don't know if Sony acts as it's own distro for files or if they go through someone. Sony probably chooses to some extent what to carry from what's available, but what I was saying is if the publisher doesn't offer it as an ebook in any format I don't know how much Sony can do about it. At that point it's in the hands of the publisher/author/agents.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote