View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #72
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
I only got a chance to play with this this afternoon, but so far

A few things I noticed that might be useful to new users (not all about this version, but might be worth touching on while you're under the hood... ):
  • Rename "Tag Browser" to "Category Browser," since it includes categories other than tags.
  • Define "Identifiers" - maybe in the status bar on mouse over or in the manual.
  • Have the help button go to the main help page instead of the big manual, so they see the links to all help resources (Manual, FAQ/Videos, here...), some which don't appear or aren't as obvious from within the big manual it links to.
  • For the ebook format links in the Book Descriptions pane , change the tooltip to let them know clicking will open the book in that format, in calibre or other associated reader.
  • Allow enlarging text of book description in Book Details pane without increasing book description font via html in metadata. Either use the user-selected general interface font or a separately-chosen option.
  • (Flagged under "For the really lazy" )Is there a way we can populate the "restrict to" button with "authors", "tags", "titles", "series"? So we don't have to open the advanced search or type in the x: filter.
  • In the new "Configure Metadata Download" interface:

• Maybe call the right pane options the "default downloaded metadata," and in the box where they configure individual sources, explain that they can use the "default" list or use this box to use special settings by source.
    • Consider adding "series info" - I doubt you can get it as a separate option (though I wish we could), but "tags and series info" would be ok.

Damn, that's a long list. I hated to post a stream of posts, but would it be easier to handle/answer/check off things that way? If so, I can chop this into bits...

Last edited by Piper_; 04-18-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote