View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #117
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMan52 View Post
<snip>

Metal Mick, with the "personalized" unit I sure HOPE that they gave you the "Open Box" price ($65)?

<snip>
Yes the Unit has value and it is my understanding that group of Linux gurus went to the chips Ingenics china site and downloaded all of the development software and are in the process of "sucking down" the insides, initial comments are that Augen basically used all of the FREE "stock" demo apps (Mplayer being one of them) and they are looking to see if they can inject the more refined versions they will keep me informed since between them they have over 10 of the units.

We will se what Augen comes out with on the 30th of August, if any thing....
The place looks kind of empty.......
OH!
If you want to know about MASADA, just does a web history search; I sure hope that Augen will not make a similar decision!

Radioman52 Over and Out....
Hi Radioman52,

I have been in touch with Kmart, and waiting to hear back from them. If I hear nothing over the weekend, I will phone them. What they did was pretty poor.

My wife is still delighted with her TB, and I am quite happy too. Just used the format and lost all my books - I believed I was formatting the SD card... No indication from TB as to what was being formatted. Still, I can copy the free ones across from my wife's unit which saves me a bit of effort, and Calibre will see me through the rest.

The linux people sound very interesting, and it amazes me that they contemplate improvements and feel confident they can do better. Perhaps Augen should commission them to do the work. I did a quick search on the Chinese websites, hoping to find a clone or two of the TB, but no success.

Yes, Augen is doing an outstandingly poor job of supporting its product. In the unlikely event I am ever granted access to their user forum, I will tell them so. I've been waiting weeks for my approval...

Masada - reference to the fortress near Arad?

Anyway, I must be off.
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote