View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Has B&N completely left the discount world?

I've been noticing more and more on the monthly Discount/Freebies section for mystery/fiction/whatever topics that there's less and less from B&N, or pretty much ANYBODY in epub format. Is this just 'cause Amazon has taken over the entire world or is there something else going on?

For example, in February, Scott Pratt had 4 books at $.99 at Amazon (they're not $.99 any more, but that's a different problem). I can't even FIND them for the Nook at B&N. And I frequently check when I find something in this area where it's $.99 or $1.99 or $2.99 at Amazon, and if I DO find it at B&N it's $7 or $8...

It's not a huge deal 'cause I've got a Kindle reader on the Nexus, but I much prefer other readers to the limitations of the Kindle reader... And yeah, I know I could probably convert everything, but I'd prefer not to get into the whole legal/illegal converting thing...

So, is B&N just not interested in competing with Amazon, figure most people won't check prices elsewhere, or are they in so much trouble they CAN'T compete any more?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote