View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 04:03 PM   #13
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
E-readers have one more advantage besides e-ink: they weigh several times less than tablets. As long as they do so, I doubt they're in danger of disappearing. ...
True, but that applies to last years 2017 vintage offerings. Come 2028, things will have changed and I don't think that there will be any significant advantage to creating a ereader only by then.

I don't think one-trick-pony ereaders will survive very long. People want excellent displays and light, but 10 years worth of tech evolution will likely deliver that in a device that can also run a range of apps and provide far more utility than a pure ereader.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote