View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 09:10 PM   #3
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Nice to have this laid out, but I don’t have any issues with the default settings for Magic Mouse. It took me awhile to figure out how the gestures worked. I slightly prefer using Magic Trackpad because of the 4 finger gestures available on that.

The one issue I have is with long press on a hyperlink, which is supposed to bring up context menu. On Firefox, it doesn’t work unless I do it with my finger first, after which it works for that web page. Safari seems okay. I cannot remember if this was the case with the trackpad.
I don’t have the Apple Magic Mouse, mostly because I think it would be too difficult to work with my severe arthritis.

I agree a trackpad is probably the best solution for me. I’m not a trackpad person, and I’ve always used a mouse with my Win laptops and my MacBook Pro. However, last night I watched an in depth review and demonstration of the Logitech Folio Touch iPad Keyboard Case with Trackpad and Smart Connector for iPad Air (4th Generation), and wow the trackpad offers a huge amount of options not available with a mouse. Trackpads will use the same setting locations.

I want the Apple Magic case, but there are two killer issues with it. One is price, and the other is that it can’t fold the keyboard backwords to use the iPad Air 2020 in tablet mode. I use my iPad Air 2020 mostly in tablet mode, so that is a deal killer for me. I was about ready to go with the Apple Smart Folio Keyboard case until I saw what the Logitech keyboard could do with the trackpad. So now I’m leaning toward the Logitech keyboard. No 3rd party vendor other than Logitech is allowed to use Apple’s Smart Connector on the back of the iPad.

Oh well I’ve got plenty of time to decide while I wait for my $190 Apple Gift Card for trading in my old iPad Pro 9.7. The Apple Stores in my area are not allowing people to bring in trade-ins due to the pandemic, so I had to mail it off to their trade-in partner called Phobio. It will likely take at least another week to get the gift card, and it has already taken one week since I initiated the trade.

Last edited by OtinG; 03-19-2021 at 09:12 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote