View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #21
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Barry, when you sideload books to a Kindle with Calibre, is the Kindle good about displaying series info? Kobo is great about it. Nook doesn't seem to do it at all.

I don't read a lot of series anyway. Mainly I'm just curious.
I don't care about series as such so I don't really know. I have been reading through some loosely knit series in order, the 87th Precinct series and the Rabbi Small series and the Dick Francis books. I don't really care about reading them in order but I'm doing it just as a wey of keeping track of what I've already read. The way I'm doing it is copying and pasting lists of books from www.fantasticfiction.co.uk into google docs and sending that to Amazon as a .doc file to convert to mobi. Then I download the list to my Kindles and highlight books as I read them. I always know what the next book is. Making up such a list takes about 4 minutes. It's simple.

I also don't move books from Calibre to my Kindle. I either send them to Amazon to convert to mobi or read them right from my library. I do "back up" all my books but I read them from the Kindle library more often than from the doc file.

Anyway I guess the short answer is I don't know.

Quote:
After the holiday spending and an expensive trip I'm taking early next year, I may see if I can snag a cheap Paperwhite, I might grab one. I'm not biased against Kindles. I've just never owned one.
While the new Paperwhite is on sale I just now bought a second one. It arrives Thursday. This one is Wifi only but that's all I could afford. I'm really happy with the one I already got.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote