Thread: Seriousness The Covid Vaccination Poll
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 07:56 PM   #63
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Suppose that a vaccine tested against COVID prevented all deaths from the disease, but everyone who took the vaccine got long haul COVID. There's no way that vaccine should, or would, be authorized. And Barbara1955 is, as I read it, saying that she believes, based on experience with some other vaccines (tetnus? diphtheria? flu? pneumococcal?) a COVID vaccine would give her a long haul illness.
Given the studies done by the vaccine manufacturers, can you point out where there is any evidence of "long haul COVID" triggered by the vaccine? Or is this a hypothetical situation you are running up the flagpole?

I have to agree that it is Barbara1955's decision to make. After all, it is her life to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
What if, God-forbid, the next time there is a new virus as easy to catch as COVID, it kills with the lethality rate of rabies (maybe something like 99 percent) or smallpox (maybe 30 percent). Then I expect physicians would refuse to treat those who declined vaccination, or the government would force-jab refusers. But in this more borderline situation, where the death rate is closer to 1 percent, I think this is between her and her physician.
I tend to believe is that those who refuse to be vaccinated have no right to medical services that they are not billed for when they contract the disease—they've made a choice and can and should be held responsible for the costs and consequences of that choice.

Admittedly as a Canadian with universal Medicare, that is a nastier view than for Americans who rather often do not medical insurance.