Thread: Penguin 2.0
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #12
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
That's something they should go out of their way to advertise, the same as new DVDs advertise their special features and extras... makes them that much more valuable to consumers, as well as giving the consumer less of a reason to covet pirated material without all of those extras.
But it has to be of value to the initial purchaser. Most people, I would hazard to specualte, do not buy a DVD because it has the extras -- they buy it for the film. And when they are done watching that film -- and even the extras -- they can call their neighbor and offer the DVD to them to enjoy (sounds like a pbook, doesn't it?).

But in the case of the enhanced ebook, HarryT has gotten a great deal of pleasure out of it, particularly the additional insight, yet all he can do is tell us that -- he can't lend the book to you or I. So if the book is available as a free book without the enhancements and as a pricey book with the enhancements, I at least would go for the free book. OTOH, if HarryT could lend me his copy of the enhanced version, I might find that I agree with HarryT, in which case I might well buy a copy of the enhanced version. It's DRM all over again.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote