View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 07:26 PM   #9
Njall
Enthusiast
Njall began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, S7 Edge, Tab 4
FWIW - Me too actually.

I'm leaning heavily toward the Kobo Aura ONE or the new Aura H2O over another Kindle (I have a PW2 right now which I just manually jailbreak-ded) or the Kindle Voyage w/o ads.

The fact that Amazon has succeeded in breaking our ability to jailbreak the Kindle Paperwhites and Voyage is advantage to Kobo. It would be nice if the Kindle read all formats; however, I'd be happy if it just also read ePub format. For that matter I'd get a Nook if it would also read mobi.

While I would have to strip the DRM from protected non-Kobo books; I'm not particularly concerned about doing that. I don't steal and I could. If I borrow a book I don't, um, make the loan permanent. Like most of the folks on MobileRead I'm not in the least interested in cheating the publishers and authors out of their due. I simply want to be able to read what I pay for where I want to read it.

I'm talking myself into the Kobo aren't I?

Between the two the Aura H2O is the cheaper and water proof. The screen is smaller than the Aura One too. I think I may have taken a paperback on a vacation to somewhere with water; however, I don't know when. And other than shampoo bottles I've never read in a bathtub.

Does anyone have any strong'ish feelings/suggestion between the Aura ONE and new Auro H2O?
Njall is offline   Reply With Quote