Thread: Internet speak
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 11:49 AM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Internet speak

I expect I'm not the only one who gets confused by internet speak - abbreviations or words that are used by people posting on message boards or other Internet spaces.

Recently I was browsing various product forums including Reddit and I thought there were an awful lot of topics reporting being fooled by products or companies. Eventually I figured out that in forum-speak, "dupe" is an abbreviation for "duplicate" and has nothing to do with the traditional definition of the word.

So I guess I was duped by internet-speak
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote