View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 06:17 AM   #8
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Hi, I wrote a lot of text with mechanical keyboard and e-ink, before with iRex Iliad, after with Onyx M96 and now with Onyx Note3. I also published two books with most of the text I wrote on e-ink.
To be honest: it is nice to try, and sometimes is good when your eyes are tired for LCD or it is nice for writing in sun places (I wrote a chapter on a beach two years ago).
But the text refresh is not so good if you, as me, write with 10 finger and a fast mechanical keyboard. The time I end writing with fingers is not the same I see the text I wrote on screen, especially if I choose to have a good refresh of the screen. There is a delay that could be annoying.

I think this is very personal thing: could be very good for someone and unusable for another one. I use it often, I also use it for create markups for ePubs (it is funny to create ePub in XHTML using e-ink) but I still use LCD more than e-ink to write. We still need some development in e-ink before leave definitely the awful LCD. Some years I think.

IMHO
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote