View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 10:48 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
It makes almost no difference having Android on eInk towards a general purpose computer. It does mean you can have Kindle App, Borrowbox App, Google Playbooks, Kobo App and KoReader without any hacking.

A basic text editor works. I use Jota and a decent BT keyboard. But hardly ever. I might use Jota on the phone if I'm in a shop.

Many Android apps don't work well on eInk.

There two problems with actual wordprocessing:
1) Even a 10" screen isn't really big enough.
2) Decent local wordprocessors need Mac OS, Windows or Linux. Android (and iOS to a large extent) are really poor for content creation. You can't have floating tool panels, only toolbars and docked panels.

I have a 7.8" Android eInk and it works better than I thought. But plenty of Android apps that work on the 6" phone, 7" tablet and 10" tablet are useless.

I also had a Windows 10 x86 tablet, gave two away. You need at least a 1920 x1080 laptop with LCD (OLED looks pretty but much shorter life) for much serious content creation, with a proper OS like MacOS, Linux or Windows. Not iOS, ChromeOS, Windows Mobile ARM or Android.

My 1600 x 1200 P4 laptop from 2002 was better for most Wordprocessor use than my recent 1920 x 1080. But screen hinge now worn out and battery dead again. Also the OS on it is past EOL.

I use the 10" tablet for PDFs and Viber. I use the 7" LCD for solitaire and did use it for Google PlayBooks, Borrowbox and Kindle till recently when I got the 7.8" Likebook Mars eink.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote