View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #8
Cat-Gerlach
Cat-Gerlach began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Because live-editing of webpages (ie what BookView did) can generate broken or horrible code,
I didn't know that. It never happened to me, but then I mostly worked in the coding editor.

Quote:
most users opt to enable Preview which will show the results of the current CodeView tab constantly, without the need to toggle back and forth.
I will give this a try.

Quote:
To replace some of BookView's functionality, we created a second program called PageEdit
Again something I didn't know but am willing to try.

Quote:
The older icons are now called Legacy icons and a user of Sigil-1.4.3 can opt to use them by downloading and installing them from github.
I think that'd solve a ton of problems I'm currently having. I think most of my confusion and initial anger comes from the colours because they hurt my eyes. Would you have a link or are they easy to find by searching github (I'm no terribly familiar with them)?

Quote:
The icon themes are only available in Sigil-1.4.3 and were not an option yet in Sigil-1.2.0.
I'll give that another try too. Maybe I'll find them this time.

Quote:
You can control which epub type to create in Preferences, and which entities to preserve in Sigil's preserve entities settings.
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know that.

Quote:
It could not be any later version.
Strange because I'm quite sure I updated every version. But like with so many things this year, I might have forgotten.

Thank you for your patience especially with my initial outbreak. I'm not good at handling unexpected throwbacks when I'm on a very tight deadline. I should have waited with the update until the project is out of the door.
Cat-Gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote