View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #4
Cat-Gerlach
Cat-Gerlach began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
The new "ugly" icons were introduced in version 1.1.0.
The last version of Book View is 0.9.14.
Sorry for calling the icons "ugly". But up to this morning, I had icons that were the same colour as the rest of the program, not a psychedelic chaos. The version I used before I updates with morning, was 1.2.0 and it didn't have these rainbow colours. It was all quite sedate and pleasing to look at.
Also it had a button that allowed me to toggle between code view and the preview, with the ability to edit the preview or the code view whichever way I liked.
Another thing that annoys the hell out of me is the fact that the new version keeps changing my named entities to #xxx numbers.

I am very sorry that I'm not shouting enthusiastically about the changes. I'm sure they're well thought through and if I could get past the layout (that I personally dislike with a vengeance) I'd probably be pleased.

Are they really meant to look like this, or did something go wrong with my installation?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil-icons.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	183769

That said, I'm not trying to insult anyone. I'm very happy that there is a way to get help and I'm grateful for your responses. I posted in a rush because I was so very shocked by the extreme change I was face with after updating this morning. I've got a deadline looking and now I've got to relearn a program that worked perfectly fine before.

I'm running Sigil on a WIN10 PC (up to date) with a 64-bit whatever, 8GB of RAM, and a 2.7GHz i5-6400 CPU

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-04-2020 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Thumbnailed oversized image
Cat-Gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote