Thread: MobileRead January 2018 Second Chance Vote
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 06:11 AM   #14
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
My choices are fairly predictable for this.
Two those are free (well, in Canada, Australia and Life+50 countries, at least). Two are rip-roaring thrillers, three are mysteries, and one is, at least in part, really funny. All but one I've actually read before, and that one I've started at least twice. But I'm determined to finish it, this time with the help of a good Audible version.

ETA: And yes, I'll be reading whatever wins, and joining the discussion after.
Generally I find that that books in the nomination slate fall into one of three categories: books I voted for and obviously I hope one wins; books I didn't vote for but am happy to read; books I would prefer not to win, but my intention would be to read anyway.

Fortunately for me, this month all but one of the books fall into the first or second category this month, including those you voted for. I've read only three in the whole slate; one I voted for and two I did not, but not out of any objection to them as selections, just out of a desire for something different.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote