View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 11:44 PM   #11
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
SNIP
I think that Apple has shown the way for the book industry. On iTunes, I can listen to 30 seconds of a song, enough for me to decide if I might be interested in the song, plus the individual songs are priced at a price point that most people are willing to take a chance on someone that they don’t know.
SNIP
Oh, I have all sorts of ideas of how I would put together such a store. It’s not rocket science and if you focus on what the consumer wants rather than what’s the minimum you can get away with, it’s all pretty obvious.
What you describe is pretty darn close to what Baen does with their electronic sales. 25% of the book available online as a free sample. Open formats, no DRM. Reasonable prices -- less than a paperback even when the book is only in hardcover. Good deals on bundles of books.

Too bad the rest of the industry won't give it a try.

I wish they would...
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote