View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 01:34 AM   #6
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I complained about the layout of the Mobi version of the latest Temeraire book in this thread, and when I wrote to Random House (parent company of Ballantine) to complain, received a rather snarky comment about how "we don't do the e-books, we have a vendor that does them." Well, your name is on them so you would think they would be concerned or take a little responsibility for them, wouldn't you?

I just bought another Ballantine book and it's also got some issues. Same ugly cover, and some issues with hard returns in the middle of paragraphs (though most of the book justifies nicely). Also near the beginning a small section had all words that should be in title case (proper names, etc.) in all lower case, which was weird.

I also had a similar issue that sriram mentioned with "Krist of" in a Mobi book I purchased--the word "pleasure" was rendered as "plea sure" throughout! I actually know the author so let her know about it and she said she would tell her publisher. I think that was a Penguin company.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote