View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I guess I'm just used to the main calibre list that allows me this view. Your right there needs to be either a limit or and option, possibly per group. Maybe have what you have now as the default with a toggle to change to an optional flingable view.
An option would have better performance than a limit because we could avoid asking for the count of items. It is also less complex to explain. It isn't clear to me whether these considerations outweigh the utility of a limit.
Quote:
I tried to get the Sony tweaks to work with the All by author but those tweaks don't seem to work for the smart device plugin.
If you are using "aba", then author/title sort is hard coded in (and has been since the beginning). You might want to use the special category "abs" (all by something) that uses some other column to sort. When using abs, the "name" is either the lookup key for a column or an entry in the sony sort tweaks.

We will add the ability to skip the "A B C" page, but there are some other things we must do first to make it usable. For example, getting the 3 first books for a category takes some time. Doing it in advance, which we do now, would make flinging stutter. We must do something like what we do with cover thumbnails, adding them in the background as needed. Another thing we must do (that we want to do regardless) is remember the position in the parent list so the back button returns you to more-or-less where you were when you tapped an item.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-01-2012 at 07:14 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote