View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarrsw View Post
I'm pretty confident that I have consumer rights on my side regarding the Kindle - especially as technical support already acknowledged the device was faulty and should be replaced.
I firmly believe that even if your account is suspended forever [justly or otherwise] you still have your consumer rights and they have to honor your warranty even if they refuse to do further business with you. But, I am spoiled by being from EU where consumers enjoy much better protection.

You could go to your CreditCard issuer and demand your money back. But first document your attempts to resolve the issues with Amazon peacefully. Send an official letter to Amazon demanding an official answer.

Be persistent. Explain that you never had related account or a returned item. Escalate your communication - ask to speak to the supervisor of the person that is communicating with you. Write [registered paper] letter to their headquarters. In the meanwhile try contacting some consumer rights protection organization.

Demand access to your legally purchased e-books. Argue that you clicked on a "buy" button and not on "rent" button when purchasing books.

Do. Not. Give. Up.
They are trying to make impression that your case is hopeless, so you stop bothering them. Prepare for a long fight, or write of your Kindle.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote