View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #278
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
When I select these settings their value changes from 'On' to 'Off' Do you mean that this does not happen in your case or what kind of indication do you expect?
Here they don't have 'on' or 'off' indicators like other options have, just blank space, so if i click either of them there's no way of telling if something changed or what the current setting is.

Quote:
Menu image and menu actions are set in the pocketbook theme. Placing menu picture into the skin is a workaround of the problem that menu image in the theme is wrong. We can't fix the problem by placing image to default skin since we can't provide correct image for every broken theme (They are different for 602 and 902 for instance).
I was using the default theme at first and now the new theme that came with the 2.1.2 firmware.
My question was, how can that menu be part of the theme its not the same menu that shows up in FBReader, even changing the system language doesn't change the menu image ?

I suppose you answered that already:

Quote:
At least they may have different screen size so I think it makes sense to have different themes. But the real question is why actions in the theme do not correspond to the picture stored in the same theme. And the answer is because PB developers do not use themes anymore they have hardcoded menu actions in the programs and just left the pictures in the themes as unused garbage.
Edit: here is my version of the menu that is more consistent with the one that comes up with fbreader, I suppose fbreader180 has the menu hardcoded as well since its menu matched the one I previously posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cr3_pb_quickmenu.png
Views:	391
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	80638  

Last edited by J.C.; 01-01-2012 at 06:38 AM.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote