View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #356
abishur
Enthusiast
abishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 4 Touch
hmmm... this might not be your issue, but when you copy the install.bin file (which, another dumb question but I'm just trying to eliminate everything that *isn't* going wrong for you, you are copying the install.bin and not the uninstall.bin, right?) and you put it in the root folder of the kindle. To install it are you going to the settings menu and then clicking "menu->update your kindle" or are you just restarting it? If I'm not paying attention and just restart my kindle with the file in the root folder it will say that it failed to update the kindle.

For me the processes I did was:

1) Installed jailbreak (Copy jailbreak.mp3 to music folder, run it from the experimental mp3 player)

2) Restart Kindle (jailbreak.mp3 is no longer on my device)

3) Copy install.bin

4) Update my kindle

5) It will restart (install.bin is no longer on my device)

5b) I throw in one last restart for good measure

6) I can now type ;un password PASSWORD_HERE (where you replace PASSWORD_HERE with the password you want to use)

7) Then type ;un

At this point I can now freely access the kindle via usb. I know I should be able to do it over wifi too, but I haven't worked out how to get that to work yet

Hopefully that helps, sorry if that's *exactly* what you're already doing
abishur is offline   Reply With Quote