View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinatbezeq View Post
Wanted to to share this unexpected benefit of the Kindle:

I'm from Israel, and English is a second language for me. I studied it mostly by reading books (my good old late Librarian fed me a science fiction book a day in my high-school days) and I thought my reading English was quite good.

Then I started reading on my DXG, and noticed that here and there were words I did not understand - say one or two per page.

Reading them in a (paper) book I would just skip over them, and not even notice them. But with the DXG's dictionary it's fun to look them up. Now I even highlight them so I can later recall them.

Avi
Good job!
I'd better follow your good example, as I'm always editing my posts because of ' grammar, grammar, grammar' . (not only grammar but spelling mistakes).

Last edited by desertblues; 10-24-2010 at 10:38 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote