Thread: Gen3 No more bookeen
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #22
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Building electonic device is not an exact science, so defective ones happens, but tree to the same person ?
Either you're not careful, or you're the most unlcky peaple in the world.

Their cover protect the reader even less... And the sony screen are the same than the bookeen (well, save for the tactiles ones), so they will break just the same.
If you buy a sony, be more careful with it than with the cybooks, or it will suffer the same fate.
Last time I'll say this. It's the design of the device not me not being careful. It's not three unlucky devices which had individual defects. It's not me mistreating the devices. It's the plastic shell the devices are made with... it's insufficient to protect it during normal use.

As for the Sony device... I have both the Gen3 and the PRS600 here. There is a massive difference in the shells of them. You can see it, you can feel it, if you pick them up you can feel the difference in weight. The Nook is the same by the way, it's heavily protected.

Of course the screen itself is not any better protected. How could it be, these devices are intended to be read.... But the screen will not break on the Sony Reader through torsion, nor pressure on the edge of it. Likewise if it's in a case that's strong enough (I'm not convinced about the aftermarket Sony case yet) then if the device is stood on it will not break.

As for you saying the cover protects even less.... I can't understand that comment at all, it is entirely incorrect.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote