Thread: PRS-500 PDFrasterFarian v2.0 beta
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #26
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschan
For version 2, I came across the following problems:

1. I used all defaults in the conversion and tried to preview the first page, but there was an error message saying that
C:\Program Files\PDFRasterFarian 2.0.1 beta 1\temp\preview.png not found

2. I then ignored the error message and continued the process. Subsequently, the program hang when it rasterized the second page.
I've encountered the exact same error with 2 different PDFs, tested on 2 PCs, although every other PDF I've run converts like a charm. In both cases the second page turned out to be a blank leader page inserted between the title page and the TOC. Since I have AutoImager installed, I get a error message from AI in addition to the one within PDFRF quoted above by kschan. Although it usually happens during the Rasterizing and Post-processing stage, the error message will be evoked during the preview stage if I select page 2 (the blank page) to preview.

On a different note, are Paint.NET or Gimp a possibilies for greyscale dilation? I'm not technical enough to know where this functionality is found, nor would I know if you can pipe straight through the apps and bypass their GUIs like you seem to be doing with AutoImager. While Gimp is probably better suited for the kind a batch processing you need, Paint.NET could replace MS Paint for previewing in addition to possibly handling the subsequent image editing functions. The clock is ticking on our trial installations of AI, and the thought of shelling out $60 to register the program is not attractive.

Another note: Am I missing the reason the for Landscape being the default layout? I would think that the overwhelming majority of PDFs out there are Portrait (I had 1 Landscape PDF in the ~35 PDFs I've converted so far). Not much of a complaint though -- it's just the one parameter that prevents me from lazily accepting all of the program's defaults.

Thanks for all of your hard work. This is a terrific tool. Now my Sony Reader is actually useful.
Gameboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote