View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #670
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
Is there glare with that cover?
The point of installing a matte screen protector is that glare is minimized, of course. Fortunately the Cover-up is matte, as advertised. If it had been called a clear screen protector, there would definitely have been glare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
And how hard was applying, did it leave bubbles? I see it says there is no adhesive, so it doesn't smudge screen if I have to take it off?
I think there might actually be an adhesive layer (though it won't smudge the screen); besides which, the Cover-up is a tad thick, so bubbles tend to be less of an issue than protectors by Zagg (though you still have to smooth the Cover-up with a credit card).

Until the debut of the Aura (non-HD), the main problem with removing a screen protector from any e-ink screen was getting past the picture-frame design to grip the edges of the recessed screen to peel the protector off.

That's still true of the Aura HD, and I can see that being a problem with the Cover-Up. Still, the same would be true of any other screen protector I could have used.

I'll be interested to see whether premium glass protectors ever make it to e-ink readers. They look superb on smartphones and tablets, but the glossy aspect seems terribly wrong for e-ink.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-24-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote