View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #27
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
This is stupid:

How we hold our reading materials, how we look at them, navigate them, take notes on them, share them, play with them, even where we read them—these are the categories that have mattered most to us as readers throughout the long and varied history of reading. [my emphasis above]

Bypassing the immense arrogance and infantilism of Piper assuming that everybody shares his preference, (and not only everybody alive today but throughout history !?!?) he appears to have missed the point of reading which, for me at least, is to absorb information.
So, if Piper does not get the point of reading can he possibly get the point of writing?
It seems whoever paid him money for his article thinks so.

Funny, there is a thread here (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191031) where people discuss the fact that a lot of user reviews one sees on the Web nowadays are useless drivel, off the topic and appears to be written by morons with a gripe.

So when I read articles like this one I conclude that stupidity is not restricted to amateurs.
And with such examples of "professionals" the normal user reviewing a book by saying "it's too expensive, I would like it for free" no longer seems so bad.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote