View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #64
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuden View Post
As a person who has a stake in this (I have a Sony PRS 505), I'm curious to hear people's opinions about which of the top two readers is the more likely to eventually capture/dominate the market. Will Amazon's "bookstore status" give it the upper hand? Will Sony win people over with its simplicity/elegance?

Also, which company do you think is more committed to its product?
I guess my answer to this is a question:

Does it really matter?

There is no doubt that a PC with the Windows OS is the dominant choice, especially in most businesses. However, there are other choices, primarily Mac and Linux. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

There is room in the market for both devices. Actually, I would rather see the eBook market be more similar to the DVD player market than the PC or MP3 player market. I want to be able to choose any device by any manufacturer and be able to read all my books on it instantly. If this happens it will be a win for the consumers which is more important to me that a "win" for Sony or Amazon.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote