View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
tipplej
Jason
tipplej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
[QUOTE=MissKittiness;2172646]As JSWolf said, the basic premise has been done before (again and again and again and again - nearly everything does a Groundhog Day spin-off eventually). QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback guys!
I guess I never thought of it being like Groundhog day.
Its not really, because Groundhog day is the continual repetition of the same day over and over again. In the Dead Loop Ewan Charles dies every single day but then the next day is a completely different day. The book is about the emotional states he experiences as he learns that he can do nothing to stop an inevitable death occurring at some point during the day. The book explores his feelings as he tries to understand whats happening, until he eventually meets someone who claims to be experiencing exactly the same thing. The mystery grows around what is happening to him and why. Also the explanation to Groundhog was poor, he just sort of fell in love and it stopped happening to him, which always felt a bit weak to me. Unless I misundersood the end!

As much as I love Bill Murray, I think the Dead Loop would make a far superior film to Groundhog day. (Although I did like Groundhog day!) "Put your little hand in mine..." on the radio" every five minutes!

There is no book written where the main character dies at the end of every chapter!

That all said, I appreciate your feedback although I think you would see the originality in a different light if you read it!
tipplej is offline   Reply With Quote