View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
There's nothing like silence to get tongues wagging. The refusal of Amazon to reveal how many Kindles or e-books the company has sold has morphed into a major guessing game. Analysts have taken sides, and this week, Steve Weinstein of Pacific Crest hinted that global e-book sales at Amazon could reach $2.5 billion by the year 2012. PaidContent reports:

Mr. Weinstein's line of reasoning reminds me of the Kindle is the iPod of reading analogy, first coined by Steve Levyin in his widely read Newsweek cover story. But the underlying question really is: Do you believe that the Kindle (or e-books in general) will have the same impact on publishing that Apple's iPod had on the music business?

Related: Amazon Kindle projections overrated?, PVI revenues drop - weakening e-paper orders, E-books are three years behind MP3s
Well, I've certainly purchased several hundred dollars worth of books in the past week. I really love the one-click Whispernet purchasing option.

I am already purchasing books much like I purchase music now ... and the iPod really increased my music purchases ... probably 100 fold. So, for me, and possibly only for me, the analogy works.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote