View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Rizla:

1) Yes, it is possible with your custom build you have. I'm working with this gesture a couple of weeks.

2) Yes, I would delete PRS+ for a view days and see how it does. I have had power-problems too. The reason was not PRS+ (I found out after lots of testings) but a corrupt file system. Reformatting the memory helped.

A.
Yes, okay, I rebound a button to sleepmode and tested it last night. I put it in sleep mode, brought it out with the power button (the only way I think). This brought back the problem. The reader kept flicking back into sleep-mode. I turned the device off and in the morning it showed the screen asking me if I wanted to turn it off. I said no. The battery had been drained down to two bars. This is the original problem.

So thanks for your input. At least it's helping me get a clearer conception of the problem. It seems to be a combination of the power button and sleep mode. I do suspect a hardware fault.

I have done factory resets etc, but that doesn't make any different. I doubt removing PRS+ will make any difference but I should try. Also I would like to actually reflash the OS rather than do a factory reset, but I'm not sure if that can be done.

Anyway...it's not a total show-stopper. I just leave it on. The battery doesn't run down much faster, and I switch it off at night. I wonder how much power sleep-mode really saves. I don't see that much difference.

My advice to x50 users is to avoid the power button as much as possible. It appears to have a design flaw.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote