View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:59 AM   #6
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by palex481 View Post
The page turn buttons are awkward, I can't stand the previous page button being only on the left side. I flip to the next page, someone says something, then I forget what I'm reading and need to go back to the previous page, but its sooo annoying to hit the previous page on the Kindle!!! I had the hack for the PRS 505 and both sets of bottom buttons changed the page. It was so much nicer. And easier to hold with the page turn buttons at the bottom. I can't even hack the Kindle, which royally sucks too. With the 505 I could read easily with it in the case. The Kindle I feel is meant to be read without the case, and I don't like that.

The wireless features are kind of cool, but way way over-rated. I find myself not wanting to use them just to conserve battery. I may have a bad battery, but it lasts a long while if I don't turn on the wireless, as I suspect would be the case even if I had a good battery.

I just don't find myself using the dictionary, I don't find myself needing the keyboard, and the feature I got it for the most, the wireless, just isn't what I had thought. I may have made a major mistake. And the sad thing is, people on here told me not to do it.

The only thing I like that I would miss is the iphone sync. That is a good feature... but I just don't know if that alone is worth it or not.

I'm seriously considering putting this thing back on ebay, with the new battery I've bought that hasn't arrived yet and getting another PRS-505 or equivalent.... Why oh why did I bail on Sony... I just wasn't thinking properly.
So, you are selling your Kindle because you use the previous page button enough where it went from minor inconvenience to "soooo annoying" and because you hyped a few of the features in your mind?

I don't see how wireless is way overrated. You turn it on and use it when you need to grab a book. It's a nice feature when you are out and about. There's no reason to leave it on 24/7. The dictionary is nice in the rare cases you don't know a word.

It doesn't sound like you are giving it a fair shot.

sirbruce said it best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Personally, I think you're just *used* to the Sony way, and if you give the Kindle some time you'll get used to using it the Kindle way.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote