View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #10
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Custom style mappings are an inherent feature of the underlying Mammoth Python Module. I just haven't knocked together a way for users to make/use/save their own custom style maps with the plugin yet. I hope to soon. It shouldn't really matter whether the docx was made with Word or LibreOffice in that regard.
Yes, I see that now that I've read up a little on Mammoth. Perhaps all it would take would be a preference item that passes a pointer to the style_map file; the default of which could contain a simple demonstration of the syntax for style mapping. Looks pretty flexible, btw.

As you are no doubt aware, the Writer2Latex add-on package for Libre/Open office contains, besides the add-ons, a stand-alone java utility that can be used to produce an epub from an open-document (.odt) file. Since, for my sins, I'm the guy that gets to clean up and normalize the word .doc files from the authors for conversion to epub or placement in InDesign, I use writer2latex a lot.

Seems like Mammoth is a work-alike program. How nice it would be to directly import the .odt or .docx file into sigil without the manual conversion step!

ETA: Of course the add-in will export an epub directly from LibreOffice, but the stand-alone is much more flexible (IMHO) and it's easy to modify the configuration as needed.

Last edited by st_albert; 05-15-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: afterthought
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote