View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Is it just me, or have certain publishers, to remain nameless because they post on MR, decided to take advantage of calibre's tagging system by attaching a dozen or more tags to each book (including their name, website, etc.)? This has mostly started in the past few months. I'm not talking about potentially useful tags here, mind you -- I'm talking about blatant advertising.

Note to said publishers, should you happen to be reading this: calibre's tag system is not, despite how it may appear, your private advertising mechanism. It's not any kind of advertising mechanism at all. You are not, in fact, driving me to buy additional books from your company. Instead, I have stopped buying books from you unless I can get them nowhere else, and on those occasions I do buy one, I wipe out all the tags without even reading them, because I know right off that they'll be either useless (the author's name) or detrimental (your website, etc.).
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote