View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
There was a recent discussion of using negative margins to get more use of screen real estate on Kindles. When trying that I modified a public domain EPUB to use negative margins and found that in the calibre viewer it does not let me switch pages when an HTML file boundary is reached.

Also, if I jump ahead using the scroll bar and then page backward to a chapter boundary I receive the following error:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.2.0
ERROR: Unhandled error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'cols_left' of null
Error at userscript:viewer.js:21946:41

Traceback (most recent call last):
at ScrollResizeBugWatcher.check_for_resize_bug (userscript:viewer.js:21724:29)
at ScrollResizeBugWatcher.redo_scroll (userscript:viewer.js:21739:22)
at ScrollResizeBugWatcher.scroll_to_previous_position [as last_command] (userscript:viewer.js:21946:41)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'cols_left' of null
This is calibre 5.2.0 64-bit under Windows 10.

This might be a different problem from the OP. If so I apologize for derailing.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Shelley-Frankenstein-en-negative-margin.epub (322.7 KB, 204 views)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote