View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #296
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

The original epub opf can and does store that metadata but that metadata gets converted to Mobi style metadata and stored inside the EXTH section of the mobi.

That is all we have to work with.

Try using the very latest version and turn on Debugging and then search in the copious amount of output for the word metadata and soon you will see a list of all of the metadata as key value pairs. The first set is from the mobi7 header and the second set is from the mobi8 header.

If you see some way to recapture the original metadata from the metadata stored inside the mobi, please let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasmarc View Post
I'm trying to figure out some details regarding the kf8 metadata support and find the decoder very useful in general, so thank you for that!
I'm having a difficulty to find out if some of the OPF attributes in the dc elements are added to the kf8 format. When generating a mobi from an opf file with the previewer and unpacking it with the decoder, it has lost the attributes:

<dc:creator opf:role="this" opf:file-as="that">…</dc:creator>

I thought that mobi supported these opf related schemes, and I get the warnings

Warning: Unknown metadata with id 129 found
Warning: Unknown metadata with id 131 found
Warning: Unknown metadata with id 125 found

from the unpacking process. Could it be that these information get lost during unpacking?

Andreas
See above. No info is purposely lost during unpacking, it may in fact be lost in the kindlegen conversion process and we can only unpack what is there.

Those unknown metadata values are extra pieces stored inside the mobi7 header that tell it how to process the later mobi8 ebook. They can safely be ignored.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote