View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 06:52 AM   #17
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
More on the kindle folder.
Poking around my own setup. I see that my cc is set to write to default folder, emulate 0 books.. for all except epub.
It is not and has never been ,

set to use a folder called kindle, yet the tablet has an empty top level folder called kindle. Which apparently is not used by Amazon either?? They use the one inside of android data...?

Could be that calling something kindle invokes some special system treatment though, it is yet another factor to try to eliminate to see if anything then changes. So Chaley's suggestion of testing with default folder paths may help.

Surely Amazon has no business deleting books unexpectedly though and it would be big news if they were. They do delete stuff like kindle unlimited loans if subscription expires but that is all I can think of. Prime loans should stay so long as you are a prime !ember, they have no other expiry date.

Yet another test - it is easy to invent ests,harder to get answers ! , Would be to take a book and edit out all Asin type info before sending it through cc. And maybe also tweak the title , using calibre editor tools so that it is impossible for Amazon to match that book to it's catalogue. Does such a book still get deleted ?

I suppose it is possible that the device has hardware issues and flash storage changes are not sticking. I don't know of any utility apps that can test that.

There is no SD card in there to complicate matters? I have read of some fire tablets not playing nicely with some SD cards, and losing stuff, but then you expect to see mount errors
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote