View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I personally am sticking with the Amazon App Store as much as I can. It's frustrating to see apps that I want out there, but I think the advantage is knowing that if I get it from Amazon it's going to work and I won't have to worry too much about virus or crashes, and also the fact that it will stay up to date through the native app management. I don't know if that happens with the other app stores, and one of the least fun things to do is to track down the latest version all the time just to make sure you're up to date.

There will be a large explosion of apps in the Amazon Store pretty soon I imagine - lots between now and x-mas as most developers start to realize that there is a market of millions of devices now (millions more, that is, than were already using the Amazon App Store) that people will be opening up on x-mas day and buying tons of apps. Those apps that are already in the store are probably raking it in - the calengoo app for instance must be doing very well, since the Fire doesn't have a calendar and his product is a top-rated one.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote