Thread: PRS-500 Sony PRS-500
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
jim.thornton
jim.thornton began at the beginning.

Device: Aztec EZReader (w/ Hanlin firmware)
Sony PRS-500

My mom has the PRS-500 that by Dad just bought her from Ebay. I told him not to buy it, but he did anyway.

I've tried connecting it via Calibre 0.8.10 but it is not showing up as a connected device. I'm running Windows 7 and it is not recognizing it either.

I've been searching for a solution for a couple of days. One solution I found said to install PRS500.inf from the installation directory. After searching the directory I noticed it was not there. I then did some more research and it said to download 0.6.29 from sourceforge. I downloaded this version, copied out the PRS500.inf files and tried to install it by right clicking it and then install. It said that this type of install was not an option for this INF file.

From here I went to the devices in Windows 7 and it hung on searching for a device. I cancelled out of that and went to the device manager where I went to install legacy device. I manually seleced the copied driver from the 0.6.29 version and installed that.

Windows gave me a sucessful message on the driver installation but when I opened Calibre again it would not show that it was connected. (version 0.8.10). I did NOT install 0.6.29 on my machine, just took the INF file (and the related files).

Can someone help me get this going please. I can't figure it out.
jim.thornton is offline   Reply With Quote